Saturday 17 March 2012

Roasted Roots for supper

Today I harvested root veg.  From crops of carrots, parsnips and beetroots I steamed the beetroot tops and roasted all the roots.  

As my crops of root veg are rather modest in size! they didn't take long to roast.  I only put the heat of the oven to about 140 degrees C and they took about half an hour to roast.  I roasted them with a chopped shallot and some garlic.

When they were ready I mixed in some goats cheese and a little chilli and mixed it in well.  I steamed the beetroot tops and made a light vinaigrette to flavour the tops (rapeseed oil, whole grain mustard, a touch of balsamic vinegar)

I was really surprised but this meal was really filling and satisfying in the knowledge that all my ingredients were grown organically in my garden.  Yum :)



No comments:

Post a Comment